5 practical tips to follow to captivate your readers
June 01, 2021
1- Write on a subject that interests you and/or fascinates youWriting articles can be a burden unless you are passionate/interested in the topic. So, first and foremost, choose a topic that speaks to you.
Don't just pick a topic that “works”. Instead, choose a topic that is essential to you. So, in the long run, writing on it will not discourage you.
2- address your audienceWhen writing a blog post, don't adopt an impersonal tone. The reader may not care about what you say.
Do this exercise beforehand: Define your target audience, age group, habits, functions, ... This will help you create a prototype of your ideal target and thus take a tone that suits them.
3- Write a catchy title
Write a headline that captivates your readers and to do so here are some tips:
- Take your time when writing and don't rush the title
- Avoid writing a title that is too short or too long. Find the happy medium (8-12 words)
- Formulate your titles in the form of questions (Why? How?)
- Write lists (5 ways to ...)
To learn more, you can read this article which shares tips on how to write your headlines well.
Your article will be all the more interesting to read if it meets the expectations of your audience and provides them with an effective solution to a given problem.
5- Think about SEO (but sparingly)
- Don't stuff your article with keywords, for example. You don't want them to be found in every paragraph or, worse, in every sentence
- Don't write only about popular topics
- Care about your readers